Energean has been the first London listed E&P company to commit to become a net zero emitter by 2050.
Short-term plan - next 5 years
- Get engaged in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) in 2020.
-Disclosure of climate related information following the Task Force on Climate related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations in 2020
- Engage with organizations working on the transition to a low carbon future.
- Support and motivate costumers and contractors to a low carbon utilization future.
-Increase the efficiency of production installations by optimizing performance.
- Increase the use of low or zero carbon electricity.
- Strengthen our low carbon portfolio by increasing gas production to 80%, following close of the Edison E&P transaction.
- Reduce our carbon emissions intensity by 70% by 2022, following close of the Edison E&P transaction.
Medium-term plan - by 2035
- Innovation projects for using industrial carbon emissions to produce goods.
- Further increase the use of low carbon energy.
Long-term plan - by 2050
-Carbon Capture Storage and Utilization.
-Reforestation, Afforestation and Forests Conservation.
-Negative Emissions Technologies.
Remuneration of senior executives linked to specific carbon emissions targets and ESG rating.